How to get the body you want

63kg is a great starting point. From this point on you must focus on building muscle. Getting ripped abs won’t be easy though.
Given your writing it seems that you went back up to 72kg too quickly. Especially since you have only dumbells to work with. With those you can’t really do heavy squats and deadlifts. With dumbells only you probably restrict to rows, presses, extentions and curls. This likely won’t build as much muscle per month. So keep your weight gains down to half to one pound per month or so to prevent putting on too much fat.
I had the same issue. I ate too much so my body fat reached near 18% or so. In order to get what you want you need to include compound lifts and good diet. Personally I’m still trying and learning. Perhaps I’m walking the wrong path myself…
Lifting
Buy a full rack and barbell so that you safely can do squats, pull ups and rackpulls. Or find facilities in your local gym.
My home gym
Try to workout three times a week, full body. It is said that it is best to train in the evening. Make sure you eat some slow carbs before you do. But not too much to prevent getting sick.
Focus on 1 heavy compound lift per training and train whatever muscles you want to focus on every training, be it less intense. For example, I currently work on delts and lats. This is my scheme:
  1. Rackpull/deadlift 5 sets, dumbell rows 3 sets
  2. Machine squats 5 sets
  3. Weighted chin ups 5 sets, machine calf raises 3–5 sets, barbell squats 2 sets
Then I add in the following whenever I can: weighted chin ups 2 set, single hand lat cable pull 2 sets, cable row 2 sets, dumbell press 2 sets, overhead dumbell press 2 sets, side raises 2 sets, weighted vertical leg lifts 3 sets. Note I do one light warmup and one heavy set of each. Since protein synthesis is said to last 48h this schedule should keep things going.
After the training I eat some fast carbs, sugar pancakes. About 450kcal I guess. Not sure if it helps but it is said that an insuline spike after training feeds your muscle and boosts the growth hormone release after. Read more on eattoperform.com
When I feel too tired I may postpone a day. Good rest is imporant.
Diet
Also coming from eattoperform.comhttp://www.eattoperform.com/2013... it seems wise to eat more fats and proteins for breakfast and lunch. Things that have a low glycemic index and keep insuline low.
Personally I eat two bacon-cheese-eggs or oats for breakfast. I also microwave steam some broccoli or cauliflower and bake some salmon and shrimps for 11 and 16h snacks. During lunch I eat one or two slice of whole grain bread to prevent my head from shutting down. Dinner is some carbs, meat and vegetables.
I’ve never had visible abs but with I started this diet 4 months ago and the abs get more visible now.
Yes it’s hairy…
I’ll continue to do this for one more month and then slowly start adding more carbs so that I can gain some weight again. I’m 72kg currently, want to get back to 80 but maintain 12% bodyfat.
Keeping an eye on the scale and fat and being patient is the only way to succeed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you need to eat to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time ?

Once you gain the amount of muscle mass you want, how can you stop getting heavier or bigger

How can you increase your muscle mass and definition as a woman