I don't want to get beefed up but wish to be lean and muscular. What should I do?

You should train like the beefed up guys you don’t want to look like. That may sound ridiculous, but hear me out.
As a dude who has been lifting weights a minimum of 5 times per week for the last 5 years, I’ve heard and seen just about every kind of person at the gym now.
Even guys who don’t want to be very muscular.
There’s nothing wrong with ^that^ by the way.
I even once had a friend say to me, “I just want to build some muscle, but I don’t want to be as muscular as you are,” which made me nearly cry with joy.
That was the first time I got called big. I was so happy!
I gave him a full plan based on my education in the field of fitness. And guess what?
He looks exactly the same.
You know why? Because his initial goal was extremely misguided.
Saying “I don’t want to get too big” is like saying “I don’t want to play basketball too much because I might accidentally make it to the NBA.”
Being good enough to make it to the NBA is a matter of years of hard work, dedication, optimal training, and genetics.
So is being one of those “beefed up” guys you mentioned.
From Nerd Fitness. For example, this woman had been training with everything she had to build muscle for OVER 2 YEARS.
Most people couldn’t become one of those beefed up guys if they tried.
Also, it takes a LOOOONG time to build a lot of muscle.
We’re talking years here. You’re not gong to wake up one morning looking like Arnold Schwarzenegger.
So, my suggestion is this, train like a bodybuilder, weightlifter, powerlifter, or athlete, and work your ass off.
When you notice that you’ve achieved the physique you want, let off the gas little. But, you may find that in the 1–2 years that it takes you to reach your goal, your goal might change.
The Best Exercises For You
You said you just want to make your chest and arms a bit bigger.
I’d suggest you start with push-ups and pull-ups.
The push-ups will take care of your chest and triceps (the muscle on the back of your arms). And the pull-ups will handle your biceps. If you have nowhere to do pull-ups around your house, go find a playground somewhere and do pull-ups on the monkey bars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you need to eat to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time ?

Once you gain the amount of muscle mass you want, how can you stop getting heavier or bigger

How can you increase your muscle mass and definition as a woman